Overnight Apple Cinnamon Oats
Write a review
- 1 Cup Gluten Free (Bob Mill’s) oats filled to a little bit less than 1 cup (uncooked)
- 1 Sprinkle of cinnamon (too much will make it bitter)
- 1 Tbsp of chia seeds (or 1 serving)
- 1 Tbsp of flax seeds (or 1 serving)
- Sweetened vanilla almond milk or unsweet almond milk
- Stevia or brown rice syrup
- 1/4 of a chopped green apple
- In 1pt wide mouth Mason Jars add a little less than 1 cup GF oats then fill to 1.5 cups with sweetened vanilla almond milk or unsweet almond milk and add stevia or brown rice syrup for sweetness.
- SHAKE mixture well.
- Add 1/4 of a green chopped apple and fill with non-dairy milk to top of mason jar
- SHAKE again, refill with milk if it needs it again, shake.
- Put in fridge over night. It is important to shake to cover all ingredients with the milk. Also important to have milk filled to top after all ingredients are coated in milk overnight in fridge so oats get soft so you do not have to cook them. Eat cold, but you can heat up if you want to.
- I usually make about 10 of these every Sunday night. They are great for grab and go breakfasts, older kids take for school lunches, and when kids don’t want to eat what I made I just let them eat this for a meal.
My Life Compass http://www.mlcompass.com/